R&M Fixings & Supports are pleased to announce the addition of DS Duct Sleeve – Intumescent Duct Sleeves – to their large range of fire stopping products.
The Astroflame DS Duct Sleeves are quick and easy to install, without the need for foams, mastic or sealants.
Tested in line with BS476 Part 22:1987, these intumescent duct sleeves are designed to be used where a ventilation duct passes through a fire rated wall, with the sleeve maintaining the integrity of the fire rated wall – which would otherwise be lost.
The intumescent sleeve works by expanding in the event of a fire, crushing the duct itself, thereby closing off the hole and providing a minimum of two hours fire protection from both sides of the wall.
The DS Duct Sleeves are available to fit all common sizes of plastic ventilation duct, are easily fitted (access is only required from one side) and are suitable for retro fitting.
Intumescent Duct Sleeves – Benefits
- 2 Hour fire rating to BS 476
- Suitable for use through a wide range of fire partition walls
- Offers excellent acoustic insulation
- Maintains the thermal insulation of the duct through the penetration
- Maintains vapour seal of existing insulation
- Cost effective: one sleeve can replace two collars, is easily cut to size to minimize wastage and no mastic is required – greatly reducing on site time
- Sleeve can be easily fitted only requiring access from one side
- Allows the thermal movement of the duct
- Simple to install without special tools or skills.
For a full range of sizes please click here
A full range of fire stopping products are available from R&M Fixings & Supports, including:
- Fire Sleeves
- Intumescent Duct Sleeves & Wraps
- Intumescent Fire & Acoustic Socket Box Cover
- Intumescent Fire Pads (For Trunking)
- Intumescent Fire Pillows
- Intumescent Fire Sealants
- Intumescent Pipe Collars
- Intumescent Pipe Wraps
- Thermal Fire Pipe Sleeve