We have gathered together a number of technical resources for use as reference on electrical projects.
RTN Permits to Use
RTN Permits to Use (formerly known as GGTN Permits to Use) provides permission to operate hazardous equipment/technical devices within the borders of Russia. It is needed from the time of commissioning and throughout the whole service in life to assure equipment safety compliance.
Once issued it is normally valid for 5 years or for the duration of the operational life of the piece of equipment.
RTN Permits to Use are required for hazardous equipment or technical devices as follows:
- Equipment to be operated at plants where the following hazardous materials are produced, used, processed, stored, transported or utilized:
- Flammable materials
- Oxidizing agents
- Fuel, explosives
- Toxic materials and highly toxic materials
- Environmentally non-friendly materials
- Equipment to be operated under pressure ≥ 0.07 MPa (0.7 kgf/cm2) or at a water temperature ≥ 115 °С.
- Hoisting equipment, escalators, cableways and lifts.
- Equipment to be operated at plants producing melts of ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
- Equipment for mining activities, mineral dressing, or works in underground conditions.
- Permit for one Technical Device – applicable if you only need to supply to Russia one piece of equipment.
- Permit for One Consignment – applicable if supplying more than one technical device within one shipment to a Russian customer. A complex industrial installation or a complete plant requires a single permit if all of its components are inter-connected in terms of technical functions and each of them meets industrial safety requirements.
- Permit for a line of Technical Devices – applicable for selling equipment to Russia that have similar application scope, design approach, materials and technologies.
Certification required prior to RTN Permit to Use
GOST R Certificate of Conformity – for electrical ex-proof and other types of equipment.
GOST R Pattern Approval Certificate – for measuring instruments.
Please contact R&M for more information on the products available with GOST R certification approval.
RTN’s are issued exclusively by Rostekhnadzor headquarters in Moscow.
To obtain an RTN Permit to Use, a full documentation review is carried out by a Rostekhnadzor licensed agency.
- Design Safety
- Operational Safety
- Environmental Safety
Results of the review are then compiled into a document called Expert Conclusion.
Positive Expert Conclusion – the equipment conforms to the relevant norms and standards, the document is submitted to the Rostekhnadzor headquarters with the application for permit issuance.
Please Note: If the equipment is found not to conform to the relevant norms and standards, a permit may still be issued, specifying restrictions for the use of the device. This decision is still the discretion of Rostekhnadzor.
Duration of expertise depends on the product complexity but should not exceed three months starting from the provision of the full set of documents. Processing of the Expert Conclusion and registration of the permit in Rostekhnadzor is maximum two months.
DISCLAIMER: The information on this page and the PDF is for information only and R&M Electrical Group Ltd can not be held liable for any information therein.