R&M are pleased to announce that they will be attending the EIC September 2010 trade mission to Kazakhstan.
With a worldwide presence The EIC (www.the-eic.com), is the leading Trade Association for UK companies supplying capital goods and services to the international energy industry – and is the largest of its kind in the UK.
Kazakhstan, located near the northeast portion of the Caspian Sea, claims most of the Sea’s biggest known oil fields and is set to increase production of oil to 2 million barrels a day, taking the country into the world’s top 10 oil producers by 2015. With Kazakhstan’s proven natural gas reserves being estimated at 65-70 trillion cubic feet – ranking it in the top 20 countries of the world, it is clear to see the benefits of EIC members actively targeting the area to “strengthen existing, and establish new, business relationships between the United Kingdom and Kazakhstan”.
Key objectives of the trade mission are;
- To understand the dynamics of the oil and gas industry of Kazakhstan
- Gain further understanding of the potential business opportunities relating to the Kazakh oil and gas industries
- To foster and strengthen relationships between operators, contractors and suppliers operating in Kazakhstan
- To meet local companies in order to gain an understanding of the local business culture and possibly seek business tie-ups
- To see out specific project opportunities and advice on pre-qualification procedures.
The trade mission delegates will also be taking the opportunity to attend KIOGE 2010 the 18th Kazakhstan International Oil & Gas Exhibition and Conference which boasts over 500 exhibitors from 30 different countries and is Central Asia’s largest and most influential oil and gas trade event.
With a view to solidifying our existing high profile within the area (including both offices and warehousing facilities) R&M’s delegate is to be Julia Korolova. Based in R&M’s Exports Division, Southampton, United Kingdom, Julia is a native Latvian who is fluent both in Russian and English and will be taking part in the visit with the remit to engage and increase opportunities within the area for the group.