R&M’s Exports Division are pleased to be able to offer our customers the time saving, cost effective and safety conscious Echalon Hinged Column.
Supplied through Industrial Lighting Systems UK Ltd, this revolutionary product is a lighting column incorporating a fully patented, self-contained hinge cartridge allowing maintenance by a single worker at ground level.
The Echalon column is manufactured from re-cycled aluminium, ensuring it is both light weight and strong, and uses a counter-balance technology to allow it to be raised and lowered by a single operator at ground level – in fact it can be operated with a single finger!
The column is available in 4 and 6 metre heights and is fully customisable, giving installation and maintenance crews’ maximum flexibility in ease of operation.
Use of Echalon hinged columns removes the need for the use of cherry pickers or scaffolds in the maintenance of the lighting, reducing both costs and ensuring the safety of maintenance workers.
Further benefits include:
- Can be used with most lanterns – the hinge can accommodate the vast majority of different lantern weights
- Cable entry is through the centre of the hinge cartridge, removing the possibility of cable damage when lowering or raising the column
- Springs are powder coated to extend expected life cycle
- Anti-vandal door bolts fitted as standard
- All components replaceable in situ
For further information please contact our sales team.
R&M are pleased to announce that they are now able to supply the Siemens range of Process Instrumentation equipment. This comprehensive range of high quality equipment offers full integration with your PLC (Programmable Logic Controller), and a wide range of equipment from pressure management through to weighing & batching systems.
“The industries focused on by Siemens, including chemical, pharmaceutical, marine, oil & gas, perfectly partner the areas that R&M currently supply into. It is an ideal partnership for both R&&M, Siemens and our clients” Martin Goodall (Export Division Manager)
The Siemens range of process instrumentation includes:
Pressure Measurement: The SITRANS P range complies with industry standards and international certifications, fulfilling the increasingly complex tasks of the process industry. Offering diagnostics functions on some versions.
Now available through our Exports Division – The Dialight SafeSite® range of CE LED Lighting specifically designed for Hazardous Areas.
SafeSite® incorporates both cutting edge LED technology along with proprietary optics to achieve area lighting comparable with other traditional light sources. By focusing the light where it is needed, the SafeSite® Series is the most efficient light source available for hazardous area lighting applications.
This innovative range of lighting has been designed to replace conventional lighting in a wide range of hazardous area applications. Its green credentials include significant energy consumption savings and reduced
Suitable for both internal and external sites where explosion protection is required. Developed for us in a wide range of facilities, including Oil, Gas, Petrochemical, Pharmaceutical, Power Generation, Waste-water and Sewage Treatment facilities.
Typical applications for the SafeSite® range includes:
- Hard to access areas where Ex e inspections are expensive
- Locations requiring continuous and consistent light levels in extreme ambient temperatures
- Areas requiring frequent switching on and off of lights
- Where flammable vapours, gases, ignitable dusts, fibres or filings are present, indoors or outdoors
- Where extremely corrosive, wet, dusty, hot and/or cold conditions exist
- Marine, wet locations and hose-down environments
- Areas subject to shock and vibration
The range includes:
- High Bays – designed specifically to replace conventional high bay lighting fixtures in hazardous location applications
- Area Lights – designed for tough and harsh hazardous locations
- RTO Area Lights – for general lighting purposes, whether in a refinery, oil platform, chemical plant or any other hazardous location application
- Bulk Heads – ideally suited for oil platforms, explosive environments, mills, chemical plants and other hazardous environments
- Linear Fixtures – designed to replace HID and fluorescent lighting fixtures in industrial applications and hazardous location applications
For further information and to request a quote please contact our exports department at: email@example.com or click on the link to complete our contacts form
An International distributor for Mennekes products – R&M introduce the AMAXX® range of products.
The highly versatile AMAXX® enclosure system from Mennekes gives the ability to create a custom power distribution centre, greatly reducing the time and cost to assemble, mount and fulfil customers power distribution applications.
R&M are pleased to introduce the Glamox MAX ICE Ex e Luminaire, designed to produce constant high light output in cold areas.
The MAX ICE is Ex e Certified for Zone 1 and is able to withstand temperatures from as low as -41°C.
Developed by Glamox Aqua Signal the MAX ICE is designed to satisfy the demands from arctic ship operators:
Excellent Light Output
- The light output for emergency light in minus degrees is excellent, the battery can also be charged at low temperatures. There is no glare, and the colour rendering is optimal.
- MAX ICE is designed according to IECEx, ATEX, Ex e hazardous areas and marine requirements. The housing is made in deep drawn acid proof stainless steel.
Exceptional Quality & Reliability
- MAX ICE is built with a high tolerance-level for severe vibrations.
- It starts and restrikes in cold areas, and is easy to install and maintain.
- MAX ICE has a minimum lifetime of 50,000 hours, increasing at lower temperatures (up to 100,000 hours in below zero °C)
“We are very pleased to be able to offer the MAX ICE as a solution to our marine customers – not only does it perform exceptionally well in the harshest of the worlds coldest environments, but it has the additional benefits of being easy to install and maintain, and has the outstanding expected lifetime you expect from LED products” Martin Goodall – R&M Exports Manager.
Or contact our Exports Department on:
t: +44 (0)23 8068 6620
f: +44 (0) 23 8068 5673
Now available through R&M’s Export Division – the intrinsically safe mobile phone – Ex-Handy 07.
Designed by the mobile experts Ecom Instruments, this ATEX Zone 1 & 21 mobile phone has a proven track record for its durable and reliable performance in some of the harshest hazardous area environments throughout the globe.
The phone is packed with features that deliver world class connectivity, flexibility and safety with the added benefits of an extended battery option and with vibration alert as standard.
Available with optional built-in camera, the Ex-Handy 07 offers greater flexibility, with a SD card slow allowing the transfer or storage of pictures, contacts and technical data.
With the introduction of MMS, MP3, full Java ME, E-Mail client for POP3 and IMAP the software specification of the Ex-Handy 07 offers exceptional connectivity. In addition the integral LED torch has many practical and safety applications. While two other layers of safety are provided by the phone location function of A-GPS and the IP67 rating that ensures it continues to work in the harshest conditions.
Key Features of the Ex-Handy include:
• Bluetooth® 2.1 (DUN, OPP, SPP, HSP, HFP,
FTP, A2DP, AVRCP, PBAP)
• Native e-mail client (POP3/SMTP, IMAP4)
• WAP 2.0 (XHTML) and Opera Mini Browser
• Java™ 2.0 ME (CLDC 1.1)
• Integrated Office functionality
• Contact and calendar synchronisation with
• Free software for data transfer and synchronisation
• Bright LED torch
• Rugged 2 megapixel camera with flash (optional)
• Slot for Micro SD cards up to 16 GB
• Scratch and impact-resistant Gorilla glass screen
• Vibration alert
For more information contact R&M’s Export Department:
t: +44 (0)23 8068 6620
f: + (0) 23 8068 5673
As an extension to our ever growing range of industry specific products, the R&M Electrical Group is now partnering major manufacturers in the supply of a diverse range of specialist valves and parts
for the oil & gas, power, petrochemical, water and other process related industries.
Utilising the in-depth technical knowledge of our partners, and the ability to supply bespoke specialist products, we aim to exceed the expectations of our clients.
The ideal solution for every requirement
R&M and the globally renowned Mennekes are pleased to announce a new trading agreement nominating R&M as an authorised International Distributor for the Mennekes range of products.
Boasting a work force of over 800 employees worldwide, and a presence in over 90 countries, Mennekes are a leading manufacturer of standardised industrial plugs and sockets.
Manufactured in Germany, Mennekes products are recognised for their high quality and are certified to national and international standards, with their range comprising of over 11,000 items:
Originally specified for field use by the British Ministry of Defence R&M’s Export Division are pleased to be able to offer Mobile Industrial Field Laundries.
Manufactured to exacting ISO specifications (Miele, Karcher, Iveco) these Laundry Units are designed to deliver performance, longevity and reliability for any strategic or industrial field application, where breakdown is not an option.